Saturday, May 13, 2017

Aged with Grace

Yesterday, I had a long phone conversation with my parents after what felt like a never ending day. And as corny as this sounds, it was actually the highlight of my week.

I know how small it is. I mean, I call them all the time. But really, yesterday, after a long, tiring and frustrating day in uni, talking to them managed to lift my spirits back up. 

I thank God every day that I have parents as supportive as they are. They're ever willing to help me in any way possible, even if it means going through some crap along the way. Honestly, they're a Godsend, even though I don’t express that to them enough.

You know what's the best feeling? Being able to make them laugh. Because even though they're 6500 km away, I could still feel their laughter radiate through me when I tell them a joke or tell them about my little projects here and there, and it’s actually a great feeling. Knowing that they’re happy and proud of me, even though there are days I think I’m not feeling so great myself.

Both my parents have taught me so many things; my dad – his determination, patience and perseverance, my mum – her compassion, unconditional love and ability to put us first before her needs.

They are truly two of the most amazing people in my life and I honestly don’t think I could ever repay them back for all that they’ve done for me, not that I think they expect anything much from me anyway, besides the occasional ‘thank you’. I love the fact that now that they’re older and all of us are out there somewhere living our lives, they are able to live theirs in a way they never could when we were much younger. Though I know they love having us around (especially the grandchildren!), it’s nice to see them age gracefully and happily, and for that I’ll always be thankful to Him. I can only pray that they will be in the best health, blessed with generous sustenanceand most importantly happy, herein and hereafter.

We may not be the perfect family, or richest or most good looking even, but I think we have it pretty good. We’re happy and I think that’s a great place to be at J

P/S: Don’t forget, it’s Mother’s Day tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment