Monday, May 15, 2017

Ticking that 'Achievement Unlocked' box

Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers out there! <3
At the beginning of the year, one of my new year's resolution is to join a my first 10 km run.

So, yesterday was the first step in preparing for that run - I joined an 8 km run. And you know what, it was actually my first run in two years! I haven't been in the running scene since the Twilight Run in early 2015, and that run was only 5 km.

So when I finally crossed that finishing line yesterday, I felt so happy.

Because why?

Because it dawned upon me that I really am making this year, my year. The year that I push my limits. And it feels amazing.

I went to the run with some confidence yesterday. I knew that I wasn't going to be as fast as a lot of the other runners, but I told myself " It's okay " because I'm not competing with them. My main goal was to prove to myself that I could pull through when I put my mind to something. And I did. Amazing what we can achieve when we believe in ourselves. My time was 53:18 and though I know that's nothing to shout about, I was perfectly happy that it was under an hour (ha ha ha ha ha, yeah, no I didn't aim that high).  

There's something about these small achievements in life that I love, even though it's really nothing to shout about. It just makes me feel a little empowered inside everyday and it gives me that bit of self-satisfaction that I need, which I think is good every now and again especially when life is getting a bit too routine.

So 8 km done. 10 km in August, leggo!

Speaking of achievements, I finally managed a headstand. It's been a good week heyyy.





No comments:

Post a Comment